Thursday, June 3, 2010

Parenting Potpourri - Dry Erase Notes

I love to build my kids up and encourage them as much as possible. Certainly nothing forced or fake - but encouragement when possible! One of my favorite ways of doing this is by leaving them notes where they are likely to find them (thanks to my own mom!). I'll leave notes in suitcases, backpacks, lunch boxes, beds, or on the kitchen table. But by far, my favorite place to leave a note is directly on their bathroom mirror!

It's super-easy to do - and you don't even need paper! Just grab a fun, colored dry-erase marker, and start writing directly on the mirror! Get wild & crazy and use even TWO or THREE different colors! :)

We love to leave notes this way, and they wipe right off. It's a great way to start your child's day on the right foot - especially if they have a big event coming up, haven't been feeling well, or you had an argument recently (that *never* happens in our house! HA!). Give it a try and see how your kids respond!

P.S. Works great for marriages, too. :) We do this often.

1 comment:

starr said...

Amy thanks for this reminder. I di this when toni was little all the time and left them in her lunch box or coat pocket at the beginning of the school year but have not been doing it so much lately. Kids really love this and am really glad for the gentle reminder. I used to put Stop signs on the front door for her. That said Stop have you seen my amazing Daughter who...... Do they still like these now a days? 10 going on 19?